Clear Law Institute: Incorporating FAR Subcontractor Flow-down Terms in Government Contracts: Guidance for Primes and Subs
Webinar Event: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Protorae Law’s Government Contracts partner, Devon Hewitt will present at the upcoming Clear Law Institute webinar on Wednesday, May 15th to discuss “Incorporating FAR Subcontractor Flow-down Terms in Government Contracts”.
In this webinar, you will learn practical guidance for prime and subcontractors about including FAR clauses that are in prime contracts within a subcontract. Some of these clauses, often called FAR “flow-down” clauses, are mandatory and others may be “flowed-down” at the prime contractor’s discretion.
You will learn:
- The characteristics of a mandatory FAR “flow-down” clause
- The impacts of including or omitting certain prime FAR prime contract clauses from a subcontract
- Best practices on primes and subs in the government contracts industry regarding FAR “flow-down” clauses
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify a mandatory FAR “flow-down” clause in a prime contract
- Determine which prime contractual relationships constitute a “subcontract”
- Differentiate clauses that a prime might consider “flowing down” that are not mandatory to include in subcontracts
- Determine how to “flow-down” a FAR contract clause to a subcontractor
- Anticipate risks associated with “flowing down” certain FAR prime contract clauses and plan how to best address them in a subcontract