ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance: Guidance and Strategies to Developing Effective Joint Ventures, Contractor Team Arrangements and Mentor-Protege Relationships
Event: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Member Devon Hewitt will serve as a speaker the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance on February 17th in Washington, DC for their half day forum on Guidance and Strategies to Developing Effective Joint Ventures, Contractor Team Arrangements (CTA), and Mentor-Protégé Relationships. The purpose of this event is to educate small businesses on the rules and regulations and advantages and disadvantages of forming joint ventures, CTAs, and Mentor-Protégé relationships when pursuing opportunities. ACT-IAC has lined up a distinguished panel of speakers from SBA, GSA, and successful small businesses to provide best practices and processes to consider when building these formal relationships and legal entities. Some of the specific areas to be covered in this program include the following:
- What are the rules and regulations surrounding Joint Ventures, CTAs, and Mentor-Protégé relationships?
- When you should form a JV, CTA, or Mentor-Protégé relationship when pursuing an opportunity?
- What should you be looking for when you form those legal entities?
- What are the pitfalls to avoid when developing a JV or CTA?
- What are the lessons learned from existing JV, CTA, or Mentor-Protégé relationships that have worked or haven’t worked
Tommy Benton, General Services Administration
Julie Clowes, Small Business Administration
Devon Hewitt, Protorae Law, PLLC
Lisa Martin, CEO of LeapFrog Solutions, Inc.
Jeff Powell, President of StrongBridge
8:35-9:00 The Ins and Outs of Joint Ventures (when to create them and when not to create them)
9:00-9:30 Mentor Protégé Relationships
9:30-9:45 Networking Break
9:45-10:45 Contractor Teaming Arrangements – GSA’s Perspectives
10:45-11:30 Panel on Effective Teaming Strategies
11:30-12:00 Q & A
IAC Members: $150