National Business Institute: Real Estate Law Boot Camp
Event: Monday, July 15, 2019 from to (EST)
Join Protorae Law attorney John Hawthorne, along with attorneys William Ashwell, Michael Freeman, Robin Mathis, Richard Melnick, Mark Moorstein, Trevor Reid, and Theodora Stringham for the National Business Institute’s Real Estate Law Boot Camp, July 15th – 16th which will provide an expansive look at real estate practice: from acquisitions to leasing and development.
Immerse yourself in real estate law! This 2-day program comes replete with the fundamental knowledge every real estate practitioner and many nonlawyer professionals must know. Dip into real estate transactions; gain an understanding of title and title insurance; delve into the basics of easement, boundary, land use issues and much more. Don’t miss this opportunity to refresh or build a foundation for a real estate practice – register today!
- Understand the types of real estate transactions and transaction procedures.
- Navigate types of studies, inspections, examinations, etc. conducted in due diligence periods.
- Examine liens and other common types of title defects.
- Take a look at the closing process and closing documentation.
- Delve into tax considerations in the transfer and ownership of real property.
- Review the types of financing tools, from traditional to creative financing.
- Analyze routinely negotiated provisions in real estate leases.
- Walk through the key steps of the real estate development process.
- Gain a basic grasp of land use and zoning law, variances and permits.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for:
- Real Estate Agents/Brokers
- Title Professionals
- Lending Professionals
Day 1: Purchase and Sale; Title; Tax; Financing
- Purchase and Sale of Real Estate
- Tax Matters in Real Estate
- Deeds and Legal Descriptions
- Title and Title Insurance Explained
- Real Estate Closings 101
- Real Estate Financing and Foreclosure Fundamentals
Day 2: Leases; Development; Easements; Zoning and Land Use
- Leasing; Landlord-Tenant Laws and Evictions
- Easements and Boundary Law
- Real Estate Development
- Zoning and Land Use Basics
- Legal Ethics