National Business Institute: Land Use and Zoning From Start to Finish: A Practical Guide to Land Use and Zoning Approvals and Issues
Event: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Protorae Law member Karen L. Cohen, along with attorneys William D. Ashwell, Noah B. Klein, Mark A. Moorstein, Shane M. Murphy, Julie Ann Rutledge, and Roy R. Shannon Jr., will present at the upcoming National Business Institute seminar “Land Use and Zoning From Start to Finish: A Practical Guide to Land Use and Zoning Approvals and Issues” on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
A Practical Guide to Land Use and Zoning Approvals and Issues
Zoning and land use cases are diverse and numerous, and often completely unique to specific circumstances. This comprehensive guide will give you working knowledge of the regulatory framework and practical tips for approval processes. Speed up the progress and reach successful resolution to any issue that arises. Don’t miss this chance to take your land use and zoning knowledge to the next level – register today!
- Hear how the latest local zoning and land use decisions are re-shaping the practice and learn what you need to do to adapt.
- Confidently determine which authority is the decision-maker on each unique matter.
- Explore constitutional limitations on government zoning actions.
- Walk through the approval processes and get practical tips from experienced practitioners on ensuring compliance and speeding up the process.
- Master the essential steps of obtaining and retaining conditional use permits.
- Learn how to amend zoning ordinances and maps.
- Follow the zoning appeals process step-by-step and get specific advice for top zoning issues.
- Guard your professional reputation with a legal ethics guide tailored to your practice.
- Learn how short-term rentals are challenging long-standing zoning regulations and practices.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for:
- Local Zoning and Land Use Professionals
- Developers and Contractors
- City Planners
- Civil Engineers
- Real Estate Brokers/Agents
- Land Use and Zoning Fundamentals, Case Law, and Legal Update
- Navigating the Zoning and Land Use Approval Process
- Challenging/Defending the Constitutionality of Zoning and Land Use Actions
- Variances and Conditional Use Permits: Proving/Disproving Unique Conditions
- Zoning Ordinance and Map Amendments: Proving Necessary Criteria
- Appealing Zoning Decisions: Local, Regional and State Considerations
- Ethics in Zoning and Land Use Law
- Short-Term Rentals: Navigating Uncharted Waters of AirBnB and VRBO Zoning and Land Use Issues