National Business Institute Seminar: Commercial Real Estate From A to Z
Event: Monday, June 1, 2015
Protorae Law member John Hawthorne to present during the National Business Institute Seminar, “Commercial Real Estate From A to Z” on Monday, June 1, 2015.
Successfully Represent Your Clients in Commercial Transactions
Are you looking to understand the nuances of commercial transactions more thoroughly? Whether you are entering the field of commercial real estate for the first time or looking for a crash course on the fundamentals, this program will provide you with a thorough understanding of attorneys’ key responsibilities and common challenges in commercial transactions. Register today!
- Don’t miss this opportunity to learn special considerations for commercial real estate and know the procedures that ensure a successful transaction.
- Come away with practical knowledge and solutions you can use immediately.
- Get insider’s tips on drafting options and how to properly structure leases in your favor.
- Negotiate a successful workout if a commercial tenant is facing bankruptcy.
- Discover how the automatic stay impacts your client’s commercial lease.
- Quickly identify title defects and understand the scope of title insurance coverage.
- Explore which title insurance endorsements are applicable and provide the greatest protection for commercial real estate.
- Review how to create legal and effective servitudes.
- Recognize the scope of the seller’s disclosure obligation and the buyer’s due diligence responsibilities.
- Walk through the essential components of the purchase contract including representations and warranties, conditions and covenants.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed to give attorneys and in-house counsel the skills necessary to effectively perform commercial real estate transactions. It may also benefit paralegals, real estate professionals, property lessors and lessees, and lenders.
- Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Leases
- Title Insurance on Commercial Property
- Closing Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Easements and Other Servitudes in the Commercial Context
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Bankruptcy and Commercial Leases
- Legal Ethics in Commercial Real Estate Practice
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00