National Business Institute Seminar – Business Contracts: Top 10 Most Costly Mistakes
Event: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Member Kathleen Kelley to present at the upcoming National Business Institute Seminar on Tuesday, October 17th and Wednesday, October 18th to discuss the top 10 most costly mistakes attorneys make in business contracts. Ms. Kelley will focus on preliminary contract considerations.
Get Concrete Skills to Prevent, Overcome and Manage the Top Contract Mistakes
This complete contract course compiles the most common (and costly) contract mistakes business attorneys and their clients are currently making in everyday practice – AND equips you with concrete approaches to handle them when they do happen. This valuable course is jam-packed with sample agreements, language and real-world examples of contracts gone wrong (and right). Don’t miss this unique chance to learn from vetted contract lawyers that efficiently handle these sophisticated issues on a routine basis and know the in’s, out’s, traps and tricks your clients face. Get real-world know-how, useful negotiation strategies and proven drafting tools you can start using the same day to ensure your client’s contracts are rock-solid. Register today!
- Confidently handle contracts with a better understanding of legal principles, risks and language options.
- Utilize the most effective drafting and scorched earth negotiation skills to allocate risk.
- Prevent future disputes by carefully examining liquidated damage clauses.
- Effectively (and strategically) negotiate representations and warranties.
- Identify indemnification landmines that you may be currently missing.
- Review the latest court rulings that directly impact the way you review contracts.
- Stay up to date on state-specific issues and industry trends affecting contract provisions.
- Safeguard your contracts against common misinterpretations.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program is designed for attorneys who are looking to take their contract drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills to the next level. The following business professionals may benefit.
- Contractors and Subcontractors
- Insurance Professionals
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers
- Negotiation Strategies and Sample Contract Review
- Limitation of Liability and Insurance Landmines
- Initial Mistakes That Lead to Disputes (and How to Prevent Them)
- Indemnification and Liquidated Damages
- Competition and Confidentiality Issues
- Preliminary Contract Considerations
- Price and Payment Obstacles
- Representations and Warranties: Traps for the Unwary
- When the Agreement Goes Bad
- Ethics for the Transactional Attorney